Monday, April 27, 2009

Mahmoud Sabawi: Introduction

Hi I'm Mahmoud. People that went to my high school remember me as Mark because that's the name I used because Mahmoud is pretty hard to pronounce. Since I moved to Texas, I've just gone by my real name. I'm studying Chemistry at the University of Texas at Austin and I'm hoping I could get a pharmacy degree. Then, I could proceed to the Occupied Territories and start a Palestinian revolution.

I love music. I never really liked music so much until this semester when I opened up my musical tastes. I used to listen to strictly Hip Hop, but now I listen to all kinds of music, even country. That's right, I said it (even if it's just a little bit of country). As far as my favorite artists go, it's really hard to make a list. I love 2pac. I'm pretty sure he's my favorite artist. I love Elvis, he's the King of Rock & Roll. I love Michael Jackson, he's the King of Pop. I don't like Paul Whiteman, even though he's the King of Jazz.

I'm going to go ahead and list artists that have NOT changed my life: The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, and Radiohead. This is not to say that the artists aren't talented. They are, in fact they are brilliant, but I think their fans grossly overrate them.

Politically, I lean Marxist. That's not to say I hate capitalism, but if capitalism means Reagonomics and supporting corporations over people, then I'd rather be a Marxist. I'm a big supporter of the Palestinian cause and I am Palestinian. I don't like conservatism and I hate it when people try to justify Western imperialism. So I bet you've figured out that I'm a lefty. Yes, indeed, I am left handed.

Religiously, I'm a Muslim and proud of it. I'm no expert on Islam, so if anybody wants to criticize it, they should go on another blog.

Well, that's about it....oh yeah, one more thing: OBAMA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment