Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Alex's thoughts for the day

For two days in a row now, I have listened to Creedence Coldwater Revival radio on Pandora.com, and for once, my song ADD has been tamed. You know what song ADD is right? That part of your brain that gets sick of a song after 60 seconds and compulsively searches for the next one. I went through my seventies rock and roll phase in high school, and I have the 4 Led Zeppelin shirts and countless illegal downloads to prove it. In recent years, however, I have regarded seventies rock as an immature era, not worthy of my listening, and substituted it with the admittedly more flowery, more intellectual lyrical stylings of the post punk rock movement stemming from Manchester. But I'm starting to feel my recent snootiness toward all "lesser" forms of rock subside, and CCR is the band breaking down this barrier. I have even taken the time to listen to The Beatles when they sneak into the Pandora playlist. Yes, the godforsaken Beatles, my sworn enemy of all great things musical. Perhaps this is a phase, maybe I will go back to hating this era of music once more. Only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment